Skip to content

it was one of those jobs that just grew . . .

August 25, 2009
tags:

. . . first of all we were swapping the beds, but because of the incredibly small amount of space available, we were going to have to take everything out of the room, to give us room to assemble the new bed.  Once we were committed to that, it seemed to make sense to paint the room while we were at it (it had two walls grubby white, and two walls an unpleasant, minty green) so we went and got some warm lilac and brilliant white.  As we took out the bed it became clear quite how bad the carpet underneath it was (a patchwork of pieces to cover the floor) so the next logical step seemed to be to get some more paint and paint the skirting and floor boards after discarding the carpet and underlay.  This now leaves the window and door frames and radiator looking a bit tired, and it’s probably time for the Winnie-the-Pooh lampshade to be retired.  So the whole thing is still underway, but it’s going to be good – eventually.

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: